Jarad L. Kent
Jarad Kent is a partner at Chamblee Ryan. Jarad’s practice focuses primarily on litigation, including commercial litigation, personal injury defense, medical malpractice, transportation, and construction defect cases. Jarad also has experience representing third party administrators for self-funded ERISA health care plans in provider reimbursement lawsuits.
Jarad is from Tyler, Texas and is happily married to his wife, Dr. Jennifer M. Kent. Jarad, Jennifer and their daughter Anna are proud to call Tyler home.
General Liability / Personal Injury
Part of a trial team that obtained a favorable verdict for a national trucking company and its driver in a personal injury suit wherein Plaintiff was seeking in excess of $2.5 million in damages.
Obtained a summary judgment for a North Texas concrete and aggregates company in a wrongful death case where Plaintiffs were seeking in excess of $2.0 million in damages.
Obtained a complete dismissal of all claims in a personal injury lawsuit against a rehabilitation hospital and part of the appellate team that successfully defended the dismissal before the Dallas Court of Appeals.
Obtained a zero liability defense verdict on behalf of a regional transportation company in a lawsuit brought by a large Fortune 500 telecommunications company arising out of a downed power line.
Part of trial team that obtained a zero liability defense verdict on behalf of a North Texas surgeon in a wrongful death case.
Argued and won a summary judgment for a sanitation company in a slip-and-fall lawsuit through presentation of a successful argument that the company’s warnings were adequate as a matter of law.
Part of trial team that obtained a zero liability defense verdict on behalf of a national hospital sanitation company in a premises liability case where the Plaintiffs were seeking in excess of $5,000,000 from the jury.
Labor & Employment / Litigation
Obtained a summary judgment for a third-party administrator of self-funded ERISA health plan in a provider reimbursement lawsuit.
Sherman v. HealthSouth Specialty Hosp., Inc., 397 S.W.3d 869 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2013, pet. filed)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers Committee
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Chamblee Ryan East Texas Office Obtains Complete Summary Judgment for Local Towing Company
- Five Firm Attorneys Earn National Best Lawyers Honors
- Firm Attorney Announces Run for Judicial Seat in East Texas
- Jarad Kent Again Named to List of Texas Rising Stars
- Jeffrey W. Ryan and Jarad Kent Obtain Favorable Verdict for East Texas Doctor
- Jarad Kent Named to Texas Rising Stars List
- Jeffrey W. Ryan and Jarad L. Kent Obtain Unanimous Defense Verdict for Family Practice Physician
- Two Chamblee Ryan Attorneys Named to 2017 Texas Rising Stars List
- Jarad Kent and Lindsay Forbes Successfully Defend North Texas Driver in Car Wreck Case
- Firm Opens Tyler Office, Names Jarad Kent as Partner
- Jeffrey W. Ryan and Jarad L. Kent Obtain Defense Verdict for East Texas Hospital
- Firm Places Two Attorneys on Texas Rising Stars List
- Jeffrey W. Ryan and Jarad L. Kent Obtain Unanimous Defense Verdict for Local Orthopedic Surgeon ◦ Health Care
- Jeff Ryan and Jarad Kent Obtain Defense Verdict for Orthopedic Surgeon ◦ Health Care
- Three Chamblee Ryan Lawyers Named Texas Rising Stars for 2015
- Jeff Kershaw, Jarad Kent and Alison Williams Obtain Summary Judgment in Premises Liability Case
- Unanimous Defense Verdict in a Property Damage Trucking Accident Case
- Defense Verdict in Slip and Fall Suit – Premises Liability
- Complete Dismissal in Premises Liability Dispute ◦ Health Care
- Summary Judgment Obtained in Wrongful Death Dram Shop Case ◦ Hospitality
- Successful Defense Verdict in $950k Indemnification Case ◦ Manufacturing
- Another Win with Truck Accident Defense Verdict ◦ Transportation
- TADC Spring 2012 Evidence Newsletter, Contributing Author