Douglas R. Lewis
Doug Lewis was a partner at Chamblee Ryan from 2006-2019. Doug defended clients in the fields of medical malpractice, premises liability, construction defect, and insurance defense litigation. Doug represented a wide range of health care institutions and individual providers, and in construction, has represented general contractors and sub-contractors in high stakes, multi-party cases. Doug first-chaired multiple jury trials to verdict, including cases involving serious injury and wrongful death. Doug also had significant experience defending national and regional trucking companies and their individual drivers in personal injury lawsuits.
As lead counsel, successfully obtained a defense verdict for a vascular surgeon in a wrongful death lawsuit involving alleged negligent supervision.
As lead counsel, successfully obtained a defense verdict for a board-certified interventional gastroenterologist who performed a procedure with stent placement wherein Plaintiff allegedly developed a near-fatal abscess and liver damage.
As lead counsel, successfully obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a board-certified spine surgeon who was allegedly impaired and misplaced a graft during a spine fusion surgery.
Obtained numerous successful outcomes, including dismissals, of complaints and investigations filed with the Texas Medical Board on behalf of Texas physicians.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management
- Three Chamblee Ryan Attorneys Honored on 2019 Texas Super Lawyers List
- Five Firm Attorneys Earn National Best Lawyers Honors
- Three Chamblee Ryan Attorneys Honored on 2018 Texas Super Lawyers List
- William H. Chamblee, Douglas R. Lewis and Matt Loving Obtain Unanimous Defense Verdict on Behalf of Anesthesia Group, Anesthesiology Physician and CRNA
- Three Firm Partners Recognized in 2017 Texas Super Lawyers Listing
- Douglas Lewis and Kimberly Bocell Obtain Defense Verdict on Behalf of a Pediatrician and Physician Assistant in Collin County
- Douglas R. Lewis and Shawn Morgan Obtain a Take-Nothing Arbitration Award on Behalf of a Trucking Company
- Douglas R. Lewis and Kimberly K. Bocell Obtain Unanimous Defense Verdict in a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit ◦ Health Care
- Five Chamblee Ryan Lawyers Named Texas Super Lawyers for 2015
- William H. Chamblee, Douglas R. Lewis, and Weston L. Hall Obtain Defense Verdict in Negligence and Premises Liability Case
- Five Chamblee Ryan Lawyers Named Texas Super Lawyers for 2014
- William H. Chamblee and Douglas R. Lewis Obtain Directed Verdict – Personal Injury
- Successful Defense in $5.4M Lawsuit ◦ Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Defense Verdict in East Texas ◦ Health Care
- MedMal Defense Verdict ◦ Health Care
- Navigating Through Uncertain Waters: A Practical Guide to Meeting Medicare Requirements in Personal Injury Cases, 2013
- New Legislation Impacting TMB Complaints, 2012
- Texas Medical Board Complaints and Investigations, Emergency Medicine Consultants, 2011
- Property Damage, C&R General Business Seminar, October 2010
- Ethics and Legal Medicine at Breast Cancer Symposium, Texas Oncology, P.A., October 2006