Annik Morgan is a partner at Chamblee Ryan and specializes in medical malpractice. Annik is licensed in both Texas and Louisiana. Prior to joining Chamblee Ryan, Annik served as employment counsel for Jefferson Parish Government in Louisiana, representing over 20 governmental departments (over 3,000 employees) against Title VII and ADA matters. Through the use of summary proceedings and effective case work-up, she was able to obtain dismissal of all matters under review by the Fifth Circuit and negotiated dismissal or non-monetary resolution of all other matters at EEOC administrative proceedings. In her role as employment counsel, Annik worked closely with risk management and other departments to minimize exposure by reviewing policies and updating practices. She also advised Human Resources on a regular basis regarding matters of policy and compliance.
As an attorney with Chamblee Ryan, Annik’s practice has focused on defending clients in medical malpractice lawsuits. She has been second chair on multiple trials with multi-million dollar demands, resulting in the return of unanimous defense verdicts at each trial. Annik also continues to work with clients in a general counsel capacity, assisting clients in minimizing legal risks.
Since moving to Texas, Annik wanted to immediately get involved and have an impact in her new community. She is active with Texas Appleseed, Emerging Leaders Council, serving as president 2020 – 21. She has volunteered with DISD, going into schools to offer support to kids in need. And she has also volunteered with Dallas Animal Services. Annik is married and has a young son.
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Five Firm Attorneys Named Among the Nation’s “Leading Litigators”
- Three Firm Partners Named Among the “Best Lawyers in America”
- Chamblee Ryan Obtain Ruling in Favor of Respondents in a Complex Arbitration
- William H. Chamblee and Annik L. Morgan Obtain Unanimous Defense Verdict on behalf of Radiologist ◦ Health Care
Southern University Law Center
- JD, 2005
- American Trial Lawyer’s Association Trial Competition Team
- Westlaw Student Representative
Loyola University New Orleans
- BA, 2002, Political Science; Broadcast Journalism (minor)
- Dean’s List
- Student Ambassador
United States Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
United States District Court
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- Northern District of Texas
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024