Peter Anderson is an experienced counselor and litigator with a practice focused primarily on Health Law and related complex commercial, employment, and personal injury matters. Peter has extensive experience serving as an advocate for his clients both in the courtroom and also in administrative proceedings with the Texas Medical Board and with hospitals. Having been blessed to represent many extraordinary clients over the years, Peter practices law everyday with a steadfast belief that his clients deserve an attorney working as hard and smart for them as they do each day in their own occupation. Peter proactively counsels health care providers on a wide array of risk management concerns, credentialing, re-credentialing, and peer review matters, employment issues, reimbursement disputes, and Texas Medical Board licensing issues.
Peter's representative experience over the years includes the defense at trial of physicians in health care liability cases and companies in personal injury, employment, and non-subscriber cases. Furthermore, each year he defends physicians in hospital administrative proceedings and before the Texas Medical Board. Peter takes great pride in summarily eliminating the claims against his clients prior to trial though motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and/or motions to strike.
Peter's devotion to his clients can be seen in these comments from his clients over the years:
- "I would like to point out that it is a pleasure to work with you on these cases. I doubt many physicians have previously made statements in which the words "lawyer" and "pleasure" occur in the same sentence. It is unfortunate that our relationship is one of those in which the better job you do, the less we see of each other."
- "In the trial, I thought Peter balanced everything well and had a remarkable understanding of the complicated medical issues."
- "Though I hope to never need his professional help again, I am very grateful for the amount of time and thoroughness with which he led me through this challenge and to our victory."
- "Sarah Palin could have used his help before her interview with Katie Couric."
- "Your preparation was exhaustively thorough. The sessions we had in preparation for trial helped me focus on the elements crucial to the analysis of the medical data. I learned a great deal from you."
- "Thanks for believing in me and especially for believing in my profession."
- "Your professional attention and integrity has been invaluable to me. I have grown both professionally and spiritually through this trial in my life, and I am glad to have experienced it with such quality people."
- "I can tell you that I so much appreciate all you did. I had a feeling of confidence right from the beginning. We could not have had any better representation."
- "Although legal matters are never palatable as a physician, you made the process easy to understand and as pleasant as it could have been."
- "Thank you so much for your compassionate and competent defense on my behalf Thanks again for being my friend and advocate, as well as my excellent attorney."
- "Your tireless effort on our behalf, working through the morass of muddy issues thrown up by Plaintiffs as the story changed week-by-week and month-to-month, was deeply appreciated. Without your thorough preparation and tenacity, this case would not have been well laid out, and the defense would have been compromised. You were the rock that we could turn to as new revelations emerged. No matter how trivial, no question we raised was ever turned aside as you helped us to understand the confusing process."
- "Because of your determined and steadfast defense, we came out with a reasonable result. I have no doubt that we would have had a good chance to prevail at trial, but I am glad nonetheless that I did not have to endure the ordeal of a trial."
- "Your thorough research into the medicine, securing the proper experts, and your good questioning during the depositions all contributed to the winning effort. Although the medicine was on my side, I know it takes more than the facts sometimes. You are an outstanding attorney and I am privileged to know you."
"Protect Health-Care Clients as Reform Takes Shape", article written by Peter H. Anderson and Kimberly K. Bocell, published in the August 23, 2010 issue of Texas Lawyer.
- Areas of Practice:
- Health Law
- Texas Medical Board Complaint/Investigation Defense
- Health Care Liability Claim Defense
- Representation in Hospital Peer Review & Fair Hearing Administrative Proceedings
- Reimbursement Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Bar Admissions:
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1995
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas,
Honors: Student Bar Ass'n Pres. of 1st Yr. Class (1993 - 1994)
- St. Johns University, Collegeville, Minnesota,
- Representative Clients:
- Texas Medical Liability Trust
- American Physicians Ins. Co.
- Advocate MD
- Cardiovascular Association of North Texas (CSANT)
- Dallas Nephrology Associates (DNA)
- Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Texas Medical Board Update, 2005 - Present
- Medical/Legal Considerations of Obstructive Sleep Apnea, M.C.of Lancaster, 2006
- Death Certificates in Texas, Dallas Nephrology Associates, 2006
- Litigation Ethics, National Business Institute, 2006
- The New Healthcare Reform: What We Need to Know, The Medical Center of Plano, 2010
- Texas Medical Board Amendments and Legislative Changes, TMLT Defense Bar Seminar, (October), 2011 - Present
- Honors and Awards:
- Mr. Anderson has been named to the Texas Rising Stars List (Texas Monthly Magazine), 2007
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics, 2007 - Present
- Dallas Bar Association, 1996 - Present
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church Dallas Texas, 2011 - 2012
- Holy Name Society President
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School Dallas Texas (2011-2012 School Year and Summer 2012)
- 7th Grade Boy Basketball Coach
- Past Employment Positions:
- Texas 2nd Court of Appeals (Forth Worth), Briefing Attorney, 1995 - 1996
- Cowles & Thompson, Associate, 1996 - 1998