William H. Chamblee
Bill Chamblee is a founding partner of Chamblee Ryan and has served as the firm’s President and Managing Partner since its inception. Bill’s legal practice focuses on civil litigation in a wide variety of areas including personal injury defense and medical malpractice. Bill’s experience covers a wide array of industries such as health care, transportation, and insurance. Bill’s clients range from individuals, to small businesses, to large corporations, all of whom rely on him for national trial defense and legal counseling. Today, Bill continues to earn the trust and business of numerous new clients to the firm.
Bill’s litigation practice includes nationwide representation of major transportation and retail corporations and Texas-wide representation of insured businesses and individuals practicing in a broad range of industries. Bill has served as lead counsel in 16 states, tried over 150 cases, and obtained over 130 dismissals and jury verdicts in the course of his career.
Bill also serves as corporate counsel for numerous businesses that operate nationally and in the State of Texas. Bill frequently presents at legal classes and seminars, having spoken more than 40 times on topics including trial strategy, personal injury claims, and health care reform. Recently, Bill has been featured in D Magazine’s D-CEO article, “Bill Chamblee Rides High,” in “Rainmaker Q&A,” published by national online news outlet Law360, and in numerous articles published by the Dallas Business Journal.
Bill was born in Hollywood, California and raised in Irving, Texas. Bill and his daughter often spend time together engaging in hunter/jumper horse-related activities. Before his daughter was born, Bill practiced heading and heeling. Bill is also an active member of the MET Church in Keller, Texas and is often involved in local charity events as sponsor, producer, or organizer.
Obtained a defense verdict in the representation of an OB-GYN in a medical malpractice action through a five-day trial wherein Plaintiffs claimed negligence during the birthing process and sought an award of $1.2 million, including a life care plan valued at nearly $500,000.
Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a gynecologist in a medical malpractice suit wherein Plaintiffs claimed the physician failed to properly clear a patient for surgery and later failed to diagnose a heart attack. Plaintiffs sought an award of nearly $2 million.
As lead counsel, obtained numerous defense verdicts through the representation of physicians subject to medical malpractice lawsuits with the use of superior trial tactics and construction of an impenetrable defense.
General Liability / Personal Injury
As lead counsel, obtained a take-nothing defense verdict on behalf of a Fort Worth restaurant in a multi-fatality dram shop case after a two-and-a-half week trial wherein Plaintiffs sought an award of $10 million.
Obtained a unanimous defense verdict after an eight-day trial regarding a multi-vehicle accident on Interstate 635 in Dallas, Texas wherein Plaintiffs sought more than $2.5 million for economic and non-economic damages, including nearly $1 million in medical bills.
- Texas Motor Transportation Association, Chairman’s Circle
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Association of Business, Board of Directors
- Texas Business Owners’ Council, Charter Member
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Texas Motor Transport Association
- American Trucking Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The MET Church, Youth Minister
- Many in Need Without Financial Means
- The Fighting Heart Foundation, Board of Trustees
- William H. Chamblee and Kimberly K. Bocell Obtain Defense Verdict in Medical Malpractice Suit – Health Care
- William H. Chamblee’s article ‘How Dallas Owned the Ebola Problem’ published in Texas Lawyer
- Unanimous Defense Verdict in Personal Assault Suit
- Heavy Duty Trucking magazine featured William Chamblee in a Q&A – Transportation
- Five Chamblee Ryan Lawyers Named Texas Super Lawyers for 2014
- William H. Chamblee and Douglas R. Lewis Obtain Directed Verdict – Personal Injury
- Defense Verdict in Medical Malpractice Suit – Health Care
- Chamblee Ryan’s Jury Verdict Featured on OTR Pro Trucker ◦ Transportation
- Successful Defense in $5.4M Lawsuit ◦ Insurance
- Dallas Business Journal quotes Bill Chamblee: Texas Medical Board cases against doctors rise 76 percent in 10 years
- Complete Dismissal Obtained in Federal Court ◦ Health Care
- Bill Chamblee Named as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas 2014″
- Legal Issues in Health Care Facility Management
- Internal Revenue Service-Tax Exemptions, Bob Jones University v. United States, 15 St. Mary’s Law Journal 461, 1984
- Administrative Law Journey Through the Administrative Process and Judicial Review of Administrative Actions, 16 St. Mary’s Law Journal 155, 1984
- ERISA Lient Resolution and Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) Liens, December 2013
- Investigating and Assessing Economic Damages in the State of Texas and the New Fast-Track Procedures, April 2013
- Nonsubscriber Liability and Oversight of a Mobile Workforce, TXANS 23rd Annual Nonsubscriber Conference & Exhibition, March 2013
- “The New Healthcare Reform: What You Need to Know,” Hispanic American Medical Association of Houston, Risk Management Seminars, September 2012
- Veterinary Liability Policies, Republic Group of Insurance Companies, Continuing Education
- Ethics in Handling Liability Claims, Unitrin Specialty Insurance
- Effective Investigation Through Fact Witnesses, Republic Group of Insurance Companies
- Ways to Succeed, Healthcare Symposium and Product Show
- Special Questions for Non-Subscribers, Texas Association of Non-Subscribers Annual Non-subscriber Conference and Exhibition
- New Transportation Regulations: Managing Transportation Risks Effectively, TXANS 2012 Nonsubscriber Conference & Exhibition, March, 2012
- Health Care Reform 2010, Chamblee & Ryan, P.C. Lunch Lecture Series
- Over the Waves: Jury Panel Drama, TADC Spring Meeting, San Diego, California, April 2010
- “Legal Issues Affecting Trucking,” TMTA Semi-Annual Safety Seminar Kerrville, Texas, September 2008
- “Winning Your First Civil Trial,” National Business Institute, November 2007
- “ADA, FMLA, and Electronic Record Retention,” Texas Association of Non-Subscribers Annual Non-subscriber Conference and Exhibition, April 2007
- “How to Legally Protect Your Trucking Business,” Chamblee & Ryan Trucking Law Seminar, June 2006
- “Voir Dire Panel,” TMLT Defense Seminar, April 2006
- “Maintaining Driver Personnel History Files,” Chamblee & Ryan Trucking Law Seminar, July 2005
- “First Response to a Trucking Accident: Protecting Your Trucking Company from Litigation,” Chamblee & Ryan Trucking Law Seminar, July 2005
- “Protecting Business Internet with Non-Compete Agreement,” Chamblee & Ryan Employment Seminar, April 2005
- “At Will Employment,” Chamblee & Ryan Employment Seminar, April 2005
- “Retaliation Claims Under the Americans with Disabilities Act,” Chamblee & Ryan Employment Seminar, April 2005
- “Winning and Succeeding in Voir Dire,” Texas Association of Defense Counsel, April 2005
- “Legal Issues in Health Care Facility Management,” Texas Association of Health Care Facility Managers, Annual Interlink 2004 Conference, April 2004
- “Texas Claims Handling Seminar,” March 2004
- “What Being a Non-subscriber in Texas is all About,” 2003
- “Premises Liability in Texas,” June 2000