Peter H. Anderson
Peter Anderson is a partner at Chamblee Ryan and one of its founding attorneys. Peter is an experienced counselor and litigator with a practice focused primarily on health care and related commercial, employment, and personal injury matters. Peter has extensive experience representing clients in the courtroom in addition to administrative proceedings with the Texas Medical Board and hospitals. Peter takes great pride in summarily eliminating claims against his clients through motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and/or motions to strike.
Peter also proactively counsels health care providers on a wide array of risk management concerns, credentialing, re-credentialing, peer review matters, employment issues, reimbursement disputes, and Texas Medical Board licensing issues. Peter is a frequent author and speaker on health care liability issues and Texas Medical Board Investigations. Having been blessed to represent numerous clients over the years, Peter practices law with a steadfast belief that his clients deserve an attorney that works as smart and hard for them as they do in their own occupation.
Peter was born in Red Wing, Minnesota. Peter is married to his wife Katie and they have two children.
Representation and defense at trial of physicians and companies in health care liability cases in the areas of personal injury, employment, and non-subscriber litigation.
Representation and defense of physicians in hospital administrative hearings and before the Texas Medical Board.
Representation of a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon at a hospital fair hearing, successfully proved to a panel of two board members and one medical staff member that the hospital acted arbitrarily and capriciously in terminating the physician’s privileges, resulting in a reversal of the hospital board’s previous ruling.
- American Society of Law, Medicine 7 Ethics
- Dallas Bar Association
- St. Thomas Aquinas Bar Association, 2015-Present
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, Holy Name Society President, 2011-2012
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, 7th Grade Boys Basketball Coach, 2011-2012
- Peter H. Anderson and Gregory R. Brenner Obtain a Defense Verdict in Collin County, Texas
- Four Firm Attorneys Named Among D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas
- Peter H. Anderson and Ryan D. Wozny’s Article ‘Texas Medical Board Doing More With Less’ Featured in Texas Lawyer
- Peter Anderson and David Walsh Obtain Defense Verdict in Palo Pinto County, Texas – Health Care
- Peter Anderson and Kimberly K. Bocell Successfully Represent Surgeon at Hospital Fair Hearing ◦ Health Care
- Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice Suit ◦ Health Care
- Texas Medical Board Amendments and Legislative Changes, TMLT Defense Bar Seminar, October 2011
- The New Healthcare Reform: What We Need to Know, The Medical Center of Plano, 2010
- Litigation Ethics, National Business Institute, 2006
- Death Certificates in Texas, Dallas Nephrology Associates, 2006
- Medical/Legal Considerations of Obstructive Sleep Apnea, M.C. of Lancaster, 2006
- Texas Medical Board Update, 2005